SC & GORD organized a workshop on Indoor Environment and Occupant Productivity, Wellbeing and Behavioral Change
On February 27th, 2016, SC & GORD conducted a workshop on Indoor Environment And Occupant Productivity, Wellbeing And Behavioral Change in the presence of more than 60 professional engineers from different disciplines representing different sectors of the industry such as consulting firms, contracting companies, master developers, government bodies, building material companies and many others.
The main purpose of this workshop was to provide participants with insights on how to improve the indoor environment of projects targeting GSAS certification, as well as to increase awareness and knowledge on the importance of the indoor environment and its affect on the occupant productivity. As a recent study highlighted that building with good indoor environment quality has a positive impact on the productivity and efficiency of its occupants.
In addition, the workshop has covered topics on the following:
- Identify the acceptable IE standards and regulations affecting sustainable design.
- Green building guidelines and their impact on occupant productivity as well as behaviour change.
- Understand the sources poor environmental air quality and human comfort perceptions and GSAS compliance.
- Pre – and post-occupancy evaluation tools and workplace productivity metrics.
- Develop a roadmap for future exploration and investigations in the area.