GORD Academy hosted a seminar on ‘Creating a Global Advantage in clean and alternative Energy’
GORD hosted its 4th CPD Seminar titled “Creating a Global Advantage in clean and alternative Energy“ at QNCC on 28 September 2013. The seminar was organized by GORD in partnership with Patton Boggs (Simon Harrison, Adjunct Professor) and Global Change Institute – (Craig Froome, Program Manager – Clean Energy).
The seminar shed light on the global trends in clean, alternative and renewable energy, and will review new revenue streams in a lower carbon sustainable economy, and will look at how developing carbon offsetting for Qatar can create self -sustaining revenues and assist Qatar in transitioning to a more sustainable economy.
Topics discussed during the seminar were:
- GORD’s vision “crafting a green legacy”
- Access to the new $100 Billion Global Green Climate Fund (by Simon Harrison)
- Renewable Energy in the Middle East – discussion on technology options, resource assessment, future networks and the role of storage (by Craig Froome)
- Securing an advantage in International Engagement, Regulatory & Legal (by Simon Harrison)
- Renewable Energy as a Business -deployment of renewable energy as a future income source for property owners, residential & business communities and as an export commodity (by Craig Froome)
Dr. Yousef Al-Horr, Founding Chairman, GORD, commented: “This exclusive seminar is part of a series of initiatives and activities under GORD Academy’s Continuing Professional Development Program (CPD) that aims to offer certification programs to practitioners. CPD programs validate practitioners’ knowledge, skills, and enhance their experience and competitiveness”.
The participants in this seminar will get to earn an equivalent continuing education unit (CEU) in the GSAS – Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. The CEU is a demonstration of personal commitment to your career and profession and is a mandatory credentialing requirement for maintenance and career progression for GSAS-Certified Green Professionals (GSAS-CGP).