GORD organized a seminar titled Advances in Solar Cooling
In partnership with the University of Aston, UK and the Yazaki Energy System Incorporation, Japan, GORD conducted a GSAS seminar titled “Advances in Solar Cooling” at QNCC, playing host to over 60 professional engineers from various sectors including consultants, contractors, building material manufactures, master developers, construction and several governmental bodies.
Most notable topics of the seminar included sessions covering the following:
- GSAS energy requirements for open spaces
- Outdoor cooling challenges, potential solutions and applications
- Stadiums and competition venues
- Open public spaces
- Recent advances in solar cooling technologies
- Solar closed-loop absorption cooling
- Solar open-loop desiccant cooling
- Solar hybrid cooling
- The TechnoHub All in One 5TR Solar Cooling Project
During the seminar closing session, participants acknowledged the role of GORD in empowering the practitioners by engaging academia industry and regulatory parties to discuss and exchange knowledge in such an important field for this region.