GORD organized a new Refresher Course in collaboration with Katara
The Cultural Village Foundation, Katara hosted in its Conference Hall (Bld. 15) on November 8, a seminar organized by GORD Academy titled GSAS V2.0 Refresher Course.
The Refresher Course was carried out over a half-day and the aim of the seminar was to give the Certified Green Professionals (CGPs) the chance to update their knowledge based on the latest addenda of GSAS schemes, categories & criteria, as well as GSAS manuals, toolkits, calculators and GSASgate.
Katara supports GORD mission to promote sustainability best practices leading to a better living environment through engagement in education & outreach activities.
Hosting GORD workshops & seminars reveals Katara true commitment to enhance community sustainable awareness.
Both Katara & GORD embrace the merge in culture & sustainable investment; Katara by applying sustainability best practices among all its project/activities & GORD through innovation & knowledge dissemination.
The seminar shed light on four main topics:
1. System Related Updates
- New schemes of GSAS compared to QSAS
- New criteria introduce
- Change in scoring for UC and MO by deleting negative score
- Split of some criteria as of shading and vegetation
- Enhancement of energy calculator by adding more input cells and better output charts
2. Certification Processes Related Updates
- All new flowcharts & forms
- New services like PCR and TA
- All fees, tables and the like
3. Qualifications and Credentials Maintenance
- CEU's and GORD Academy brochure
- How to progress from one level to another
4. GORD Community Activities
- New plans to introduce chapters and working groups and their ideas
- CPD needs and their ideas