GORD Academy & VITO hosted a seminar about“Smart & Sustainable Buildings” in Katara
Gulf Organization for Research & Development (GORD), the authority for knowledge on sustainability in the MENA region in collaboration with the Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO) has conducted a GSAS Sponsored Seminar titled: “Smart & Sustainable Buildings” on 7 February 2015 at the Multi-Purpose Hall in Katara.
The seminar was been attended by more than 80 practitioners and experts from different disciplines and representing wide spectrum of the construction industry including but not limited to agencies, developers, consultants & contractors.
The Seminar comes as part of GORD Academy Continuing Professional Development Program, which aims to validate the knowledge and enhance the skills of the professionals working within the construction industry.
Topics discussed during the seminar included:
- • Building typologies and their impact on the environment
• Life cycle analysis of building materials and building elements
• Smart cities and smart energy districts
• The impact of (retrofitting) residential and commercial buildings
• Several best practices and lessons from European projects
• Measurements related to normative standards & practices
• Energy Assessment for building and retrofit schemes
• Impact mitigation strategies
The participants in this seminar got an equivalent of 2 CEUs from Code  GSAS Sponsored Seminar in the CPD Programs. The CEU is a demonstration of personal commitment to the career and profession and is a mandatory credentialing requirement for maintenance and career progression for GSAS-CGP certificants.