The intent of GSAS Schools is to assess and rate the design of new schools. The criteria and measurements focus on providing healthy and sustainable facilities for students, teachers and staff and range from the acoustic conditions of the site to the use of daylight in classrooms.
Included for assessment under GSAS Schools are primary, secondary and higher education facilities.
To download GSAS Schools manuals and tools, please visit the Resources Center.
To register your project for assessment under GSAS Schools, please go to GSASgate.
BARWA City Schools
- Providing excellent passive shading through deep fins and overhangs and high performance glazing
- Utilizing energy efficient cooling system from master planned district cooling facility
- Utilizing energy recovery system
- Using water-efficient plumbing fixtures such as dual flush water closets
- Using water-efficient drip irrigation system
- Collecting and treating grey water and storm water to be recycled for toilet flushing and plants irrigation
- Specifying permanently installed materials that are extracted and manufactured within the region
- Implementing strategies to control indoor chemical and pollutant sources and airborne contaminants
- Providing sufficient noise insulation to meet minimum requirements for indoor acoustic quality
Cultural & Economic Value
- Maximizing the percentage of construction expenditures for goods and services originating from the national economy
Management & Operations
- Providing energy sub-metering
- Providing intelligent building control system