The intent of GSAS Commercial is to assess and rate the design of new commercial buildings. The criteria and measurements focus on providing sustainable, healthy and productive workplaces for occupants and range from a comprehensive measurement of water consumption to an assessment of lighting levels in an office space.
Included in commercial building types are spaces that serve various functions such as offices, conference rooms, dining areas and kitchens, foyers, retail spaces, ancillary areas, etc.
To download GSAS Commercial manuals and tools, please visit the Resources Center.
To register your project for assessment under GSAS Commercial, please go to GSASgate.
KAHRAMAA Awareness Park
- Providing on-site renewable energy generation system that utilizes solar panels (PV technology) to offset the electrical load requirements of the chilled water pumps.
- Using solar collectors to generate heat for hot water production
- Using water-efficient plumbing fixtures such as dual flush water closets
- Using water-efficient drip irrigation system
- Collecting and treating grey water and storm water to be recycled for toilet flushing
- Specifying permanently installed materials that are extracted and manufactured within the region
- Specifying permanently installed materials that are made from recycled content
- Specifying materials with low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) emission rates
- Implementing strategies to control indoor chemical and pollutant sources and airborne contaminants
- Providing sufficient noise insulation to meet minimum requirements for indoor acoustic quality
- Maintaining light levels with the use of effective lighting controls and efficient luminaries
Cultural & Economic Value
- Maximizing the percentage of construction expenditures for goods and services originating from the national economy
Management & Operations
- Implementing a commissioning plan
- Providing energy sub-metering
- Providing intelligent building control system